Friday, May 22, 2009

Thing I Love/Thing I Like


OMG!!! I am in diet soda HEAVEN!
So I've been drinking diet soda pretty much since it was invented, and I know it's bad for me, blahblahblah, but I just really hate regular soda, and I like to save my carbs for other beverages and all.
BUT WAIT!!!
Now God has blessed the world with ZEVIA!!! It totally RULES! Like it has stevia in it, but it DOESN'T SUCK!!! It's different, sure, but I will gladly suffer the change to have people stop bitching at me for drinking aspartame. We just ordered a case. I think Tawd will have it on the stand as well.

On to the "like". We just got a cat. His name is King. He was a stray. Do you know it costs less to adopt a cat from the shelter than to medically attend to a stray? He was the one Nora had to have though, and he is pretty cute, for a cat. I tolerate pets because my family loves them, but sometimes it's a little like living with fuzzy toddlers. Nora got help from our local cat lady, Berdawn, who not only happily drove Nora back and forth from the vet, but actually insisted on donating money to help get him fixed. She will be receiving a mojito basket for her "over-the-top" kindness. King thought Berdawn could really use a mojito.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Dogs are fuzzy toddlers. Cats are fuzzy aliens from another dimension.

Amy Phillips-Gary said...

Can't wait to try the Zevia (oh shit, is that the name?)...

I just love cats and am happy that King is working out for you all. But isn't the name setting you up to be ruled? Kinda dangerous if you ask me (coming from a woman whose cat has her wrapped around it's paw-- pitiful I know.)

Karen said...

CUTE King. Cutest. Lovems. Kiss his head. Kisskiss. I love cats.

I stopped drinking DietP, well sort of stopped, mostly stopped... and now I will look forward to some Zevia. My brain is swiss cheese from the aspartame.

julie s. said...

i still drink ONE diet pepsi a day. BUT i will check that stuff out.....
that's so cool!

cora friended nora on facebook....

i think i need to do something nice for you so i can get a mojito basket:)

Dilda says... said...

JULIE!!!!!
I miss you, but you probably don't believe me.
The cola flavored even has caffeine in it!!! It kinda tastes like R.C. Cola though. Not very Coke-y.
Reading our smaller kid's posts on FB makes me lol!