Thursday, June 5, 2008

Arrrtstravaganza!!!

Okay, I am one step away from a straight jacket, but I see a dim light at the end of a long tunnel...
ANYwho, HEY EVERYONE READ THIS THING ABOUT SOME STUFF!!!

If you like art…or if you like fashion…or if you just really like to have a good time, you need to be at the Spice Bar + Lounge on Thursday, June 19! Spice will host a Night of Art & Glamour to benefit ROY G BIV Gallery from 6-9 p.m. The event will showcase the artwork of Sharon Bell, Doug Fordyce, Randy Hunter, Jacqueline Jasonowski, Stephanie Rond, and Mindy Roth. An haute couture fashion show by designers Andy Jordan and Kristin Costa, Anne Holman, and Horst.

Ticket prices at $30 for an individual, $50 per couple. Ticket price includes appetizers from Spice Bar and Lounge, sample drinks from Skyy Vodka, and $1 martinis for the ladies all night long. You must be 21 or over to purchase tickets. For ticket sales, contact ROY G BIV at 614-297-7694 or info@roygbivgallery.com.

Located at 491 N. Park Street in the Arena District, Spice Bar is joined by sponsors Glavan Feher Architects, Corso & Gallicchio Ventures, C Magazine, and Skyy Vodka to help raise funds for an important community organization.

Established in 1989, ROY G BIV Gallery is a non-profit gallery supporting emerging artists.


Sounds fun huh? I'm buying a NEW OUTFIT! AND I currently have 6 tickets left at a DEEPLY discounted rate (e-mail or comment, and I'll give you the lowdown).

What else is new??? Well, I just finished this...



She's called Saint Clare of Assisi: Patron saint of needle crafts, eye disease, and television. I'm entering it into the Ohio State Fair Fine Arts deal. If accepted, I think it might be the first customized vinyl toy ever to get in. I don't know though. We'll see...

Oh, I almost forgot! If you're out at gallery hop this Saturday, STOP BY WHAT THE ROCK!? to see Nora and Orb!!! It will be amazing!!! And if you make it down to the Haiku Help extravaganza, please stop by and GIVE, and take a look at The Art Exchange @ 17 E. Brickel (it looks like an alley) to see lots of cool art to purchase that can be TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!!

4 comments:

Mollie said...

Wow, you are so amazing and talented. Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, I hope it makes it in! We just got a bunch of post cards delivered for the Roy G Biv fundraiser...it looks like fun, and I think Ryan is at his dads that week!!

Anonymous said...

I love her!! She's not scary at all! I thought it was st.francis of assisi (at least that was the name of my grade school-st. clares was across town) I think she's a shoe in for the fair!

Melissa Ayotte said...

Oh Sharon! She is a beauty!! She better get in! They better not make me whip out my Christopher Walken mask. I'll do it. I will.