Thursday, August 27, 2009

Opening, Opening, and then an Opening

Holy shit, it's a busy time for the art-making. O.k., here's three art things that you should try to go to. One is far away, so you're excused, but man there's some wicked-ass talented people involved in this exhibit, so honestly, if you're even close to Mt. Vernon, then you should really try to stop in. Let's start with that one then. It's a Cowtown Lowbrow Collective show called "Reset". The theme is the Recession (do I capitalize that?) combined with video games. I know. I was like whaaaaa? But I figured something out that sort of works. Here's the piece that I made (Get it? It's Princess Peach and Betty Boop. Yeah, I know Betty's not really video game, but that girl knows hardship!).

I haven't seen anyone else's yet, but man, I'll bet they're cool. The show's at Root Art Center (it looks like the website hasn't been updated for a while, but I promise we'll be in there) and runs from September 4th through the 25th with an opening reception Friday, September 4th from 6-9.



Next show is this one. Mom's and their kids. OMG, how cute will this be? I'll answer that for you. Very. Very cute. The details for the opening are on the flyer. HERE'S a link to Wild Goose Creative's site so if you can't make it to the opening, you can see when they are open.


And also for September, CAW (Creative Arts of Women) is taking over Lindsay Gallery for the first half of September. The opening reception for that will be during Gallery Hop next Saturday. Twenty-five (or maybe more) women will have works on display. And there will be WINE!!!

O.k., that's it for now. Must go spray some shit.

No comments: